Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Router Board 112
I have acquired a routerboard 112 from a client of mine (Replaced it with star) Wink and was wondering how/if I could flash it to star-os it looks like the wrap version would work but I am not sure about how to upload it as there is no CF or removable memory, I can get in via Hyperterminal.. which is a start Smile

Thanks
Reed
Hand picking business customers from DSL for 7 years Smile
I have one of these sitting in by vehicle. I hook it up to a 24db Grid antenna and have it do continuous scans for APs in the area. The MT scan us good that way as it never stops scanning and keeps updating the list. It will connect to a 2x AP, but the super features don't work between Star and MT. I won't put it on my network, but as a scan tool it works well. I have an AG card so I can use it for 5Gig as well. On site, you scan the normal 1x Aps then 10MHz, then 5MHz. It also has a spectrum analyser function that works so-so. Have to use the winbox client software though.

As for Star loading on it... Good Luck!

rbolduc Wrote:I have acquired a routerboard 112 from a client of mine (Replaced it with star) Wink and was wondering how/if I could flash it to star-os it looks like the wrap version would work but I am not sure about how to upload it as there is no CF or removable memory, I can get in via Hyperterminal.. which is a start Smile

Thanks
Reed
I think you may run into some RAM/ROM limitations - it's been a while since I've looked at one though, so not 100% sure. We have a 10-pack that we replaced with WAR1s, I started to look into loading the WRAP version on it several months back, but, like usual, became distracted with work. Smile

Found this, but I don't see any JTAG headers. It does say you can upgrade the bootloader through the serial port though, probably a good start. Maybe someone on the Mikrotik forums can tell how to "reflash" one of these.

I'd love to be able to load StarV3 on these things, they're ugly paperweights.
[URL="http://public.sphere13.com/capitalism.jpg"]
[/URL]
Unless the unit is x86 based and using compact flash I am pretty sure we do not support it. Any hardware on MIPS or XSCALE are different enough to require a special firmware.
lonnie Wrote:Unless the unit is x86 based and using compact flash I am pretty sure we do not support it. Any hardware on MIPS or XSCALE are different enough to require a special firmware.

Oh Well I'll turn it into a Ebay special so I can buy more War's Smile

Thanks for all the info !!

Reed
Hand picking business customers from DSL for 7 years Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Admin'ing Client's Router ninedd 2 2,027 07-17-2010, 02:34 AM
Last Post: DrLove73